SACMEQ IV Study Data
Typically, SACMEQ results present estimates based on the grade 6 pupil as the unit of analysis. Other results regarding the school, school heads, teachers, etc. are generated from these pupil-based analyses as well. Results concerning pupils are usually disaggregated by region, gender, location, and socio-economic status.
Since many professionals analyze SACMEQ data for different purposes, the specific choice of analytic approach depends on the interest of the individual researcher; among the techniques used are:
- Multivariate analysis methods satisfying multilevel models
- Regression methods
- Decomposition of variances through correlation analysis, etc.
- Other relevant secondary analyses by interested parties
- Individual merged country data
- Merged international data
- Appendix of the SACMEQ IV international report
SACMEQ items are confidential and protected. For secondary analyses, SACMEQ data are available to the public upon request online.